Author Topic: IMP - Intelligence Management Program  (Read 2527 times)

Offline YF [WLVS] Khasm Kaotiqa

• Yulai Federation
IMP - Intelligence Management Program
« on: 2017 March 12, 11:30:10 »
Since Vintel development has stagnated, and the Volt guy running the project no longer makes the jump-bridge files available, I've created a complete replacement that you can find here:

https://github.com/3vi1/IMP

There is a zip file on the releases page with the Windows binary.  Linux users like me can compile it from source.  I may look into compiling it for Mac in the future, but I don't have a Mac VM set up at the moment.

IMP uses less CPU and has more features than Vintel, such as:

• IMP's map scrolls with you automatically and centers on your current system
  • User-defined Message Rules:
    - You can match any text(s) in any open channel(s) and play your own sounds.
    - Rules use regular expressions, so you can do intelligent matching.
  • Red-By-Last checking is built into the KOS clipboard checker.
  • IMP supports themes:
    - You can customize the fonts, colors, linewidths, the pilot/find indicators, and add background images.  Soon, the system shapes will also be replaceable.
    - You can save your customization as your own theme.  The last theme used is automatically loaded at startup.
  • There are Find features to find both messages in the list and systems in the map.
  • IMP knows your current system at startup, you never set your current system manually.
  • IMP parses messages from your last logs to prime system statuses; you don't lose all the system states if you need to restart your computer.
  • All sounds are configurable via the settings menu - you can add your own sounds by dropping wav files in the audio directory and they will appear as new options in the settings menu.
  • IMP will alert you when a red gets close to an ESS in systems that have them.
  • You can rotate the IMP map to suit your own preference.

Many more features coming...  I am going to try to release bi-weekly if not weekly for the foreseeable future.

Basic operation:

• Use the Pilots menu to disable monitoring for any pilot you have offline or for which you don't want to be alerted.  IMP automatically discovers any pilots you've played in the last day.
  • Click a system to see messages just pertaining to that system.  Click on background to reset messages to all systems.
  • Hold control and use the mousewheel to rotate the map!  You may need to click on the map first to give it focus.
  • Jump bridges for provi can be enabled from the Region menu.  I don't fly in the other systems, so I've not added any bridges outside provi.
  • There is a RULES file in the documents directory that explains how you can create your own rules to do things like play a sound when anyone says your name or advertises a specific item in P-Trade.
  • If you hardly use the message list, like me, you can grab the splitter between the list and map and snap the list close.
  • There is a Ctrl-F shortcut key for finding a system, because I can never remember where the hell the stuff out of the pocket is.  :)

Interface example:
(added by Codo Yagari)

Overlay Mode (with message view collapsed left):
« Last Edit: 2017 April 21, 10:24:39 by YF [WLVS] Khasm Kaotiqa »

Offline YF [WLVS] Kym Sorenson

• Yulai Federation
  • [WLVS] CEO
    • The Burning Prairie
Re: IMP - Intelligence Management Program
« Reply #1 on: 2017 March 12, 11:35:52 »
Very cool. I know the WLVS guys beta-testing it have been impressed. If I were someone who used vintel before, I'd probably switch over. Seems everyone really likes the automatic KOS-by-last stuff and ofc the sounds :)

Thanks for all the work you've quietly put into it over the last few (6?) months.

• Yulai Federation
« Reply #2 on: 2017 March 12, 11:40:58 »
Thanks for all the work you've quietly put into it over the last few (6?) months.

My pleasure.  It gives me something to do when the reds force me to dock up.  It's the reds you should be thanking.  :)

Most of the code has happened in just the last two months.  Before that I wasted a good deal of time dicking around with QtWebKit and QtWebEngine before deciding they were just a bad idea for this type of app where you want good performance and to compile easily cross-platform.
« Last Edit: 2017 March 12, 11:56:55 by YF [WLVS] Khasm Kaotiqa »

Offline CVA [:CV:] Codo Yagari

« Reply #3 on: 2017 March 19, 15:51:58 »
Yeah, this is awesome, thanks.

I need help with creating a regex. I want to create a regex that is case insensitive and includes "Codo" or "Yagari" or both, but excludes the specific string "Codo Yagari > ". So basically if anyone types my name it triggers, but it will not trigger if I type something myself.

Anyone able to help?

Offline YF [GBTEC] Euris

• Yulai Federation
  • Grovelling Minion
« Reply #4 on: 2017 March 19, 19:32:43 »
Usually there's an 'or' operator in RegExp languages, and it's usually the | character. Can't find it in the docs though, and can't be arsed to read the code to see if it's implemented.

So here's two patterns, one matches to "Codo", and one matches "Yagari", both ignoring whoever wrote the message.

>.*[Cc]odo
>.*[Yy]agari

If the or operator is implemented, I believe something like:

>.*([Cc]odo)|([Yy]agari)

Might do the trick.

Feel free to just do two lines if the or operator doesn't exist - that should also work perfectly fine.

« Reply #5 on: 2017 March 20, 02:03:05 »
Big thanks for the help, I got it working. I ended up with

>.*[Cc][Oo][Dd][Oo]|>.*[Yy][Aa][Gg][Aa][Rr][Ii]

I'm pretty sure there are much nicer ways to do this though, isn't there supposed to be a flag for making everything case insensitive?

Fantastic app this.
« Last Edit: 2017 March 20, 02:07:19 by YF [-YG-] Codo Yagari »

• Yulai Federation
« Reply #6 on: 2017 March 20, 20:48:31 »
Euris's suggestion, with the parenthesis is very close to the correct solution.  What you want is:

Code: [Select]
>.*([Cc]odo|[Yy]agari)
If you think someone might type it in all caps, you could make it insensitive like so:

Code: [Select]
>.*([Cc]odo|CODO|[Yy]agari|YAGARI)
That'll catch lower, upper, or normal capitalized text.  It won't catch kidnapper style mixed casing, but you can do that by bracketing every letter like you did above.

There's no standard character in regular expressions that makes them case insensitive, but I could add a checkbox that does an insensitive check, if enough people want it.
« Last Edit: 2017 March 20, 20:56:36 by YF [WLVS] Khasm Kaotiqa »

« Reply #7 on: 2017 March 21, 01:55:09 »
Copy that, well, I'll stick with what I've got, works great. Tnx.

Offline YF [VALKK] Dante Herstmonceux

• Yulai Federation
« Reply #8 on: 2017 March 22, 12:55:19 »
There's no standard character in regular expressions that makes them case insensitive, but I could add a checkbox that does an insensitive check, if enough people want it.

That depends on which programming language you are using. E.g. in Java, you can set a case insensitivity flag by starting the regex with "(?i)", without the inverted commas of course. If you're running UNIX scripts, you could do this with a subroutine calling awk or a nocasematch flag. What are you relying on under the hood?

Judith Shardani

« Reply #9 on: 2017 March 25, 11:13:12 »
cool stuff, well done!

small issue: messages window generates a CRLF after each entry - OR the messages are put into a "frame"  with too much space around - at least for my taste.

Suggestion: load region maps (optional) from dotlan if you travel around, leaving provi, catch or querios.

THANK YOU for this. Will send ISK

• Yulai Federation
« Reply #10 on: 2017 April 07, 19:51:35 »
That depends on which programming language you are using

Exactly - It's not a standard part of regular expressions.  Some languages do add a character, while others (like the Qt/C++ I created this with) have you call a method on your RegEx object to set a flag turning off case sensitivity.  It's an easy thing to add, it's just a way down my to-do list for now.

• Yulai Federation
« Reply #11 on: 2017 April 07, 19:55:21 »
cool stuff, well done!

small issue: messages window generates a CRLF after each entry - OR the messages are put into a "frame"  with too much space around - at least for my taste.

Suggestion: load region maps (optional) from dotlan if you travel around, leaving provi, catch or querios.

THANK YOU for this. Will send ISK

The minimum height is mostly controlled by the avatar size.  I have an item on my to-do list to make that size configurable - so look for it to waste less space in the future.

Tonight, I should be releasing v0.8.0 which wraps the text better and has some other nice message view improvements.   I just need to get home and test it first, since I wrote it all while riding the bus into work this morning.
 ;)
« Last Edit: 2017 April 07, 19:57:38 by YF [WLVS] Khasm Kaotiqa »

Offline Flashmala

« Reply #12 on: 2017 April 09, 18:15:30 »
Nice job on this, thanks for your efforts!

• Yulai Federation
« Reply #13 on: 2017 April 21, 01:39:21 »
0.8.3 released earlier tonight:

* "Overlay Mode" added.  This disables drawing of (only) the map and window background, turns on frameless window mode, hides the menu, and enables the Always on Top flag.  This allows you to put IMP on top of the game window and obscure much less of the game (particularly if you drag the message list to the closed position).  Use 'O' to toggle overlay mode on/off.

* Added transparency support:  Click the map (to make sure the app has focus) and then use Ctrl+Alt+Mousewheel to adjust transparency of the entire application.  This is different than overlay mode in that overlay mode makes only the map/window backgrounds fully transparent, whereas transparency support adjusts *all* visual
elements.

* "Frameless Window" option added.  Use 'W' to toggle the window title bar on/off.  This can also be used from Overlay mode to re-enable the title-bar for easy re-positioning and then to re-disable it.

* Added an Always on Top hotkey: 'T'.  Note:  When using the Unity desktop on Ubuntu, Compiz doesn't seem to honor toggling the flag off correctly.  You will have to disable it by right-clicking the title-bar if you're using that desktop.  KDE, and the Windows desktops toggle the always-on-top state as expected.

* Added Menu hide/unhide hotkey: 'M'  You can use this in desktops like KDE and Windows to toggle the menubar on/off while in overlay mode.

* Added "--debuglogging" flag.  Log writing is now disabled by default unless this flag is set.

* Fixed a bug where some Linux desktops would not load themes due to auto-shortcuts.

* Fixed two more missing KOS texts.

Offline YF [-YG-] Erasmus Grant

• Yulai Federation
« Reply #14 on: 2017 June 27, 23:26:24 »
How do I install on Linux?

Offline YF [TN-NT] Rounon Dax

• Yulai Federation
  • [TN-NT] Standings Guy / [YF] Executor

Offline YF [-YG-] Erasmus Grant

• Yulai Federation
« Reply #16 on: 2017 June 30, 04:54:12 »
I am relatively new to Linux and not a programmer/IT guy.   Doing stuff by terminal is challenging cause I do not know all the command lines and  what they do.

http://imgur.com/a/q8IhB

I was having problems with step 1,

I attempted to make the file myself like I would in OS X or Windows and move to step 2, but I couldnt get that command to work in terminal. :'(

• Yulai Federation
« Reply #17 on: 2017 July 14, 18:42:57 »
v0.9.3 out today:

• New feature: Instead of one alert sound, you can now configure differing sounds (or the same sound) at differing (or the same) volumes for each jump away you wish to be alerted. If you've previously configured alerts, IMP will set the proximity configuration to give you the same results. New users get two defaults (for zero and one jump) that they can amend.
  • Fixed false KOS results when CVA checker has a partial name match or if a pilot's name matches an Alliance/Corp.
  • Parser improvements for when people are saying a system is not clear or are just saying a gate is clear.
  • No longer warns new users that rules file doesn't exist. Instead it creates one default rule that plays a sound if someone says things like " red" or "kos!" in local.
  • Updated Linux build instructions to include submodules.

« Last Edit: 2017 July 14, 18:44:26 by YF [WLVS] Khasm Kaotiqa »